Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in PDF format. Other formats such as OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format will be converted into PDF format. Make sure the manuscript is using AJSK template.
- Where available, quotes, citations, URLs for the references have been provided to avoiding plagiarism. Please include your published research manuscript in references when quoting your self to avoid self-plagiarism.
- An1mage Jurnal Studi Kultural (AJSK) using double blind peer review system. The objective criteria focus on four elements: plagiarisms, research content's scope, copyediting, and manuscript in AJSK template format. AJSK using binary system where zero means the element need an update and one means the element is accepted.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines in AJSK template.
1. The Contributor assigns to An1mage, during the full term of copyright and any extensions or renewals, all copyright in and to the Contribution, and all rights therein, including but not limited to the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell, distribute and otherwise use the Contribution in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Journal and in derivative works throughout the world, in all languages and in all media of expression now known or later developed, and to license or permit others to do so.
2. Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the final Contribution in whole or in part in any medium by the Contributor as permitted by this Agreement requires a citation to the Journal and an appropriate credit to An1mage as Publisher, and/or the Society if applicable, suitable in form and content as follows: (Title of Article, Author, Journal Title and Volume/Issue, Copyright © [year], copyright owner as specified in the Journal). Links to the final article on An1mage’s website are encouraged where appropriate.
B. RETAINED RIGHTS
Notwithstanding the above, the Contributor or, if applicable, the Contributor’s Employer, retains all proprietary rights other than copyright, such as patent rights, in any process, procedure or article of manufacture described in the Contribution.
C. PERMITTED USES BY CONTRIBUTOR
1. Submitted Version. An1mage licenses back the following rights to the Contributor in the version of the Contribution as originally submitted for publication:
a. After publication of the final article, the right to self-archive on the Contributor’s personal intranet page or in the Contributor’s institution’s/ employer’s institutional intranet repository or archive. The Contributor may not update the submission version or replace it with the published Contribution. The version posted must contain a legend as follows: This is the pre-peer reviewed version of the following article: FULL CITE, which has been published in final form at [Link to final article].
b. The right to transmit, print and share soft copies with colleagues.
2. Accepted Version. Reuse of the accepted and peer-reviewed (but not final) version of the Contribution shall be by separate agreement with An1mage.
3. Final Published Version. An1mage hereby licenses back to the Contributor the following rights with respect to the final published version of the Contribution:
a. Soft copies for colleagues. The personal right of the Contributor only to send or transmit individual soft copies of the final published version to colleagues upon their specific request provided no fee is charged, and further-provided that there is no systematic distribution of the Contribution, e.g. posting on a listserve, website or automated delivery. For those Contributors who wish to send high-quality e-prints, purchase reprints, or who wish to distribute soft copies more broadly than allowed hereunder (e.g. to groups of colleagues or mailing lists), please contact the publishing office.
b. Re-use in other publications. The right to re-use the final Contribution or parts thereof for any publication authored or edited by the Contributor (excluding journal articles) where such re-used material constitutes less than half of the total material in such publication. In such case, any modifi- cations should be accurately noted.
c. Teaching duties. The right to include the Contribution in teaching or training duties at the Contributor’s institution/place of employment including in course packs, e-reserves, presentation at professional conferences, in-house training, or distance learning. The Contribution may not be used in seminars outside of normal teaching obligations (e.g. commercial seminars). Electronic posting of the final published version in connection with teaching/training at the Contributor’s institution/place of employment is permitted subject to the implementation of reasonable access control mechanisms, such as user name and password. Posting the final published version on the open Internet is not permitted.
d. Oral presentations. The right to make oral presentations based on the Contribution.
4. Article Abstracts, Figures, Tables, Data Sets, Artwork and Selected Text (up to 250 words).a. Contributors may re-use unmodified abstracts for any non-commercial purpose. For on-line uses of the abstracts, An1mage encourages but does not require linking back to the final published versions.
b. Contributors may re-use figures, tables, data sets, artwork, and selected text up to 250 words from their Contributions, provided the following conditions are met:(i) Full and accurate credit must be given to the Contribution.(ii) Modifications to the figures, tables and data must be noted. Otherwise, no changes may be made.(iii) The reuse may not be made for direct commercial purposes, or for financial consideration to the Contributor.(iv) Nothing herein shall permit dual publication in violation of journal ethical practices.
D. CONTRIBUTIONS OWNED BY EMPLOYER
1. If the Contribution was written by the Contributor in the course of the Contributor’s employment (as a “work-made-for-hire” in the course of employment), the Contribution is owned by the company/employer which must sign this Agreement (in addition to the Contributor's signature) in the space provided below. In such case, the company/employer hereby assigns to An1mage, during the full term of copyright, all copyright in and to the Contribution for the full term of copyright throughout the world as specified in paragraph A above.
2. In addition to the rights specified as retained in paragraph B above and the rights granted back to the Contributor pursuant to paragraph C above, An1mage hereby grants back, without charge, to such company/employer, its subsidiaries and divisions, the right to make soft copies of and distribute the final published Contribution internally in print format or electronically on the Company’s internal network. Soft copies so used may not be resold or distributed externally.
However, the company/employer may include information and text from the Contribution as part of an information package included with software or other products offered for sale or license or included in patent applications. Posting of the final published Contribution by the institution on a public access website may only be done with An1mage’s written permission, and payment of any applicable fee(s). Also, upon payment of An1mage’s reprint fee, the institution may distribute print soft copies of the published Contribution externally.
E. GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS
In the case of a Contribution prepared under Indonesian Government contract or grant, the Indonesian Government may reproduce, without charge, all or portions of the Contribution and may authorize others to do so, for official Indonesian Government purposes only, if the Indonesian Government contract or grant so requires. (Indonesian government, U.S. Government, U.K. Government, and other government employees: see notes at end.)
F. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
The Contributor and the company/employer agree that any and all soft copies of the final published version of the Contribution or any part thereof distributed or posted by them in print or electronic format as permitted herein will include the notice of copyright as stipulated in the Journal and a full citation to the Journal as published by An1mage.
G. CONTRIBUTOR’S REPRESENTATIONS
The Contributor represents that the Contribution is the Contributor’s original work, all individuals identified as Contributors actually contributed to the Contribution, and all individuals who contributed are included. If the Contribution was prepared jointly, the Contributor agrees to inform the co-Contributors of the terms of this Agreement and to obtain their signature to this Agreement or their written permission to sign on their behalf. The Contribution is submitted only to this Journal and has not been published before. (If excerpts from copyrighted works owned by third parties are included, the Contributor will obtain written permission from the copyright owners for all uses as set forth in An1mage’s permissions form or in the Journal’s Instructions for Contributors, and show credit to the sources in the Contribution.) The Contributor also warrants that the Contribution contains no libelous or unlawful statements, does not infringe upon the rights (including without limitation the copyright, patent or trademark rights) or the privacy of others, or contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.